Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Treasury Tuesday: Summer Joys (and more!)

I went a little Treasury-making-crazy this week. Curating Etsy Treasuries can be a little addicting sometimes.


The weather around here has been getting warmer and warmer, and summer feels like it's just around the corner. So I was inspired to make the Treasury above with items that remind me of the simple joys of summer.

If there's one thing I love as much as buttons..it's photos of buttons! This treasury includes work from fellow RNESTers PeachesPictures and AlisonTyne.


If you're a regular reader of my blog, you already know how much I love photos of vintage wooden spools of thread. It's kind of ridiculous how happy they make me.




Wooden toys are just so great. I love them for their simplicity, natural beauty, durability, and classic feeling. You just can't go wrong with wooden toys!


With spring finally being in full bloom, the birds are back and twitter-tweeting away (well, y'know...not really with Twitter...bird don't use computers! Ha ha! ~ahem~) Anyway, after that trip to my grandmother's house and watching the birds outside her kitchen window, I was inspired to make this treasury highlighting some pretty bird-inspired work, which includes a feather hair comb from my friend Casey of PeachesProducts. I know birds and bird themes are ubiquitous on Etsy (and everywhere else!) but they're just so pretty!


Be sure you go check out the Treasury Tuesday post on the RNEST blog and go see more treasuries that feature some other awesome RNEST members! (if you don't, you're missing out!)

No comments: