Monday, May 9, 2011

"Rejoice"...

I'm one of those business-card-collector type of people when I go to craft shows. I picked up a bunch from various fellow artists at this past Mayday Underground show...


But the card on top is my favorite. It's for Lisa Barker Photography. I met Lisa at the November Mayday Underground show... our booths were next to each other. She is also one of the organizers for the Hearts + Crafts Indie Market in Rochester, NY. She is a very cool and sweet gal.

And I absolutely adore this image. I love the design, the composition and the colors, but most of all, I love the sentiment..."Rejoice". It calls to my mind the Bible verse Phillipians 4:4 "Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice." It's a verse that I need to remember when the stresses of life (and sometimes hormones) turn me into a weepy basketcase.

She really needs to offer a print of this image in her Etsy shop, because I would definitely buy one for my house. Maybe if I ask her nicely? ;)

No comments: